Saturday 9 October 2010

Recipe 30 - Blondies

There is never a time that I feel more ridiculous than after hours of scouring the internet trying to figure out what we should bake. It's not that difficult. Or it shouldn't be anyway! But sometimes I can't find something just right. He doesn't care much for cinnamon, nuts, baked fruit in large quantities... I don't care much for chocolate. What's in season here isn't necessarily in season there. We live alone, so unless we want to eat it all, it needs to be portable and delicious at room temperature the next day.

And all I can think about is buttermilk pie. It's all I've been thinking of for days. But we probably shouldn't make it again, so after hours of deliberation, I finally decided that we should make blondies. Good old faithful Smitten Kitchen again...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...