Saturday 9 October 2010

Her results - Ginger Crunch Bars

A couple of weeks ago, Houston was hit with unseasonably mild weather. Almost overnight, we went from sweating to shivering. I've always felt that there's something autumnal about ginger, so these crunchy ginger bars were the perfect dessert for the weather.

Mine came out really good and they were very simple to make. The texture is really good, somewhere between chewy and crunchy. The ginger isn't subtle, but it's not knock-your-socks-off strong, either. And the balance of the bottom layer and the icing layer felt just right to me. I don't think I managed to have one with tea, but they'd be perfect with it! A co-worker suggested that these would be great for a potluck and I think she hit the nail on the head.

\



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...