Monday 8 March 2010

Her results - Raspberry Buttermilk Cake




After my failed attempt at steaming a pudding last week, I thought there was no way I could go wrong baking a simple cake. I just have one question: how could the top look so done and the inside be so underdone? Luckily I discovered that I had a problem after only a short amount of cooling, so popped it back in the oven and basically rescued it. The outer edges are a little overdone and the center is not as fluffy as it could have been, but the bottom line is that this is a good recipe. The sugar on top gives each bite a nice crunch. And despite all the sugar that the recipe calls for, the sweetest bites are those with berries inside. I'm not going to admit how much of that cake I ate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...