Thursday 18 February 2010

Recipe 6 - Broken Glass Jello

One of his haunts is a blog called The Food Librarian, and he found a recipe there for Broken Glass Jello which was adapted from another blog, http://justjennrecipes.com. As soon as he showed it to me, I knew it would be my next pick. And so it is. Here's the pic from The Food Librarian's blog:


I'll be happy to skip my weekly trip to the store to stock up on butter and eggs! I think I have quite a few packets of uneaten Jell-O in my cupboard. I wonder how it'll turn out if I use a mix of sugarefree and regular Jell-O? Maybe I'll try and see...

Broken Glass Jello
(Adapted from The Food Librarian, which was in-turn adapted from JustJenn)

Ingredients
4 small boxes (3 oz. each) of Jell-O or store brand "gelatin dessert" in different colors.
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin

Method
For each flavor, dissolve one box of jello in one cup of boiling water. Pour into a container and chill until firm (overnight is probably best).

After chilling the four flavors, cut them into small blocks.

Carefully mix the blocks in a 9 x 13 pan.

In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool. Pour cooled milk mixture over jello and chill overnight.

Cut into blocks or shapes and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...