Sunday, 7 November 2010
His results - Pan de Muerto
This started off fairly promisingly. The dough came together alright and I left it to sit and rise. Which it barely did. It took nearly 24 hours for the dough to double in size. Regardless I ploughed on and shaped them. Then, left them for and hour or so and into the oven they went.
Suddenly they decided they want to expand! They grew massively and the tops cracked. What a shame. Still the decoration managed to hide it a little.
They tasted pretty good. Not too sweet, fairly rich. They were a bit dense though I'd say. Certainly a whole one as shown above was a bit too much. I gave away a bunch to people at work but still had a few left which I turned into bread pudding. That was a real triumph!