Saturday 27 November 2010

Her results - Halfway Cookies

Last weekend we made some tasty cookie bars, and I'm going to go right ahead and admit that I think a good old fashioned chocolate chip cookie is simpler and just a good. That aside, these were fun to make and tasty to eat.

My iBook has quit working and my cordless phone battery only lasts five minutes, so I had to drag my ingredients to near the telephone base so we could chat on speakerphone while whipping everything up. My phone is on my desk in my bedroom, so what's where I worked. There's a first time for everything!

Here's a pictorial tour of the process:









I used three egg whites in the meringue, and next time I'd use less chocolate in the middle layer, but other than that the recipe felt quite reliable. I didn't apply the parchment paper very well, so it did more harm than good to the surface of the meringue. If you're going to apply the paper, follow the directions and press it smoothly and carefully onto the surface before baking. I think the paper might be altogether unnecessary, but then again I haven't tried it without...

These cookie bars were extra sugary sweet. They recalled to my mind some of the most sugary foods I know, such as a big glass of cherry Kool-aid. I think it would be the perfect pairing for this dessert. All or nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...