Tuesday 25 May 2010

His results - Sea Salt Caramels

These are awesome! That's all that needs to be said really.

They were very, very easy to make. I enjoyed the processes a lot, the boiling and mixing and watching the thermometer creep up. The only slightly tedious bit was wrapping them since it took so long.


I let the sugar get quite a bit browner than this before adding the cream mixture. It started off fairly dark because of the golden syrup.

I used a couple of different types of salt to sprinkle on top, some nice sea salt flakes and some mexican red salt crystals. I preferred the more delicate flakes but both were yummy.


It's been very warm here recently and that made them a tiny bit sticky at room temperature. They're not bad though, firm enough to wrap and carry around.


All I really have to say is make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...