Saturday 5 February 2011

Recipe 42 - Brazilian Carrot Cake

The criteria for this week's recipe were simple.

1) it should be quick. She has her family visiting her so would like to get the baking done ASAP.

2) it should allow Her to use the bundt pan I bought her on a recent anniversary

3) it should be delicious

4) it should be something not too similar to anything we've already done

I think I've done well in choosing this Brazilian Carrot Cake recipe from the Technicolor Kitchen. This isn't the first time I've chosen a recipe from there and I doubt it will be the last. I visit the blog daily. I like the little anecdotes that come with the recipes, I like the glimpse of life half a world away, and I love the incredible photography.

This sounds like a nice, interesting cake. We'll need:

250g carrots – approx. 3 small carrots
260g all purpose flour
320g sugar
4 eggs – if you use very large eggs cut down to 3
200ml vegetable oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt

Chocolate icing:
4 tablespoons hot chocolate powder or 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...