Thursday 10 June 2010

His results - Chocolate Basil Torte

I'm a little undecided on this one. I love basil. I love chocolate. I love the two of them together. I'm just not all that crazy about them in this recipe I think.


I really loved making it. It was great playing with the sugar and basil. The sugar was very tasty indeed!



As usual I had a hearty sample of the batter. It was really, really nice.


It baked pretty well but sank a little in the middle. That's better than it turning out dry though. It was lovely and moist in the centre, even four or five days later after storing it in the fridge.


I decided to make the ganache. It was lovely and had a beautiful pure chocolate taste. It was very rich though. On another desert it would probably be too much. It was good on this though. It played off well against the basil.


We had a slice straight out of the oven and it was good. The next day though I wasn't too sure. It didn't have the lovely fresh basil taste it had earlier. Now it was kind of earthy and meaty almost. The best way I can describe it is it's a little like someone took a normal choclate torte recipe and replaced some of the fat with the fat that's left in the pan after you fry some really nice sausages. It's not at all unpleasant, I quite enjoy it, it's just a bit strange.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like one of the more interesting things you two have made!

    I can't decide if it sounds good or not. It certainly LOOKS good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...