Friday 17 September 2010

Recipe 27 - Lemon Sponge Pie

I almost chose another chocolate recipe but I thought I'd try to pick something at least a little different. I settled on pie as the best choice. I love it and so does she. It's hard to narrow it down from there though. The title pie covers wide and varied ground. I almost chose two others but finally settled on this recipe from the Food Librarian.

We'll also make a pie crust. As ever, Delia shall guide the way. We'll use 150g of flour.

Pastry ingredients:

150g flour
75g butter or lard (at room temperature)
pinch of salt
some cold, or iced, water

and for the filling we'll need:

3 large eggs, separated
2 T grated lemon peel
160 ml lemon juice
240 ml milk
300g sugar
40g flour
1/4 tsp salt


We're going to bake a day early this week. I'm glad because I'm already excited to eat this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...