Thursday 23 September 2010

Her results -Lemon Sponge Pie

I was just eating a slice of our pie and I was overcome with the desire to spread the word. You know the lemon meringue pie that we usually get served? I don't like the gelatinous, mild flavor of its filling. The Lemon Sponge Pie is the antidote to that.


The pie is tart. Its citrus punch is similar to a bold key lime pie. The layer at the top is spongy and airy. Little air bubbles burst open audibly as your fork passes through. Snuggled below is a thicker layer of creamy custard. When I think, "I want some lemon pie," this is what I am talking about.

The crust ended up tasting just right. I worked very quickly and used my food processor. My only failure was to roll it out thinly enough to have a brim of crust around the edge. I'll eventually be able to roll out and transfer a thin circular disc of dough into a pie pan.



I need to start shielding my pies and cakes near the end of baking, or perhaps move the rack down a level. Everything is getting darker on top than I would prefer. Despite the look of it, the taste is not being affected.

Caution, if you don't let your pie cool completely before slicing, it may look like this:


But that may have been the yummiest slice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...