Sunday, 5 September 2010

His results - Clafoutis

It's been a while since we made this. I still remember how good it was though! I've moved house since we baked it and had to wait until I got a broadband connection to post this. It's put the baking on hold too unfortunately. We should be fine for next weekend though! I'm excited to get back to it.

I decided to make this as traditional as possible. I read around a few more recipes (particularly one by Hugh Furnley-Whitingstall) and followed what I saw. I used cherries (I managed to find some nice English ones pretty cheap) and put them in whole, pits and all. This not only kept the juices contained but also imparted a lovely almondy flavour.

I enjoyed this a huge amount. It was rich and buttery and not too sweet. I'll definately be making this again. If I can't wait until next cherry season I'll try out another fruit.

I'm looking forward to our first recipe in my new kitchen. This oven seems a little better behaved than my old one so hopefully things will bake a little quicker and more reliably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...