Saturday 12 March 2011

Recipe 45 - Bog Standard Sponge

I've had a hell of a week.

I was buried last weekend so we had to postpone. To make up I'll post this now and this week we'll double bake to catch up. I wanted something to go well with the sprinkles and realised we haven't baked my normal, go to, bog standard cake.

She wants to build her repertoire and this is the thing I've baked more often than any other by far. She needs to know it :)

I make this one in imperial, not metric! This amount is a double batch. Suitable for a triple layer cake or maybe two double layers. Yum, yum

12 oz self raising flour
12 oz marge / butter (room temp)
12 oz sugar
6 eggs
little bit of vanilla extract

Put it all in a bowl. Beat. Put it in a prepared pan. Bake at gas mark 5 or equivalent til done.

Couldn't be simpler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...