Friday 3 June 2011

His results - Jam Crostata

I enjoyed making this one a lot. Shockingly simple and I liked the steps. The dough had a very pleasing consisentcy when it came together.

I didn't go for anything too fancy when I prepped it. Just laid a few wide stripes on. It looks pretty basic like this but the sections looked really nice after cutting. It was incredibly quick. In fact I had mine out of the oven and half way cooled by the time She popped hers into the oven.

Hers did end up looking fancier but I doubt it was tastier. This was absolutely my favourite recipe we've made in a fair few weeks (and we've been on a good run). I didn't put in as much jam as suggested and I added a pinch of salt to the dough. Other than that I just followed as it said. This won't be the last time I make this recipe I'm sure. It was blisteringly quick and can be baked with no notice since you don't need to wait for butter to soften etc. Everything should already be on hand in your kitchen, it can be made and on the table in 40 minutes and is delicious warm. Perfect if you need a truly delicious desert in a hurry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...