Sunday, 29 January 2012

Her Results - Supernatural Brownies

I'm coming to realize that I have spent a lot of money on baking supplies. It's worth it but I seriously go through a lot of butter, sugar, eggs, flour and more. Here's what went into this week's "supernatural brownies".


To line my pan, I used a method I learned last January when we made some knockoff Andronico's adult brownies. Lay one sheet of parchment paper east-to-west and a second sheet north-to-south, and removing the brownies from the pan is a snap. Be sure to butter both the pan and the parchment paper.


I used a combination of semi-sweet and bittersweet chips, which seemed to be a good call. One area where I'm a bit stingy is chocolate. I find it hard to buy bar chocolate because it's at least twice as expensive as chips.


Since you add together eggs and a slightly warm chocolate-butter mixture for this recipe, I feel like it's as important as ever to let your eggs come to room temperature before mixing everything together.


The brownies mixed up and baked up in a very simple fashion. Whereas my baking partner used a pan that made multiple single-serving brownies, I used one big 9x13 pan. As the recipe suggested, I did need to trim the edges as they got overdone in sacrifice for the center of the pan to be cooked just right.




These brownies were pretty darn good. There's nothing special that I can say about them, but I suggest the recipe, especially as it's simple and calls for a minimal number of bowls which is always a plus!

1 comment:

  1. These were delicious! Although, I have to say that I am big edge fan, so I would have pretty happy to just eat all of those trimmings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...