Monday, 28 November 2011

Her Results - Jacques Torres' Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's possible that there's nothing better than a really good, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie. Joyfully, this recipe produces precisely that.

The recipe called for “bittersweet chocolate disks or fèves”. I’ll be honest, I was too lazy to go to Whole Foods to buy them. Instead I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chips, which fortuitously turned out to be rounder and flatter than typical chocolate chips.



I’m fairly sure that it was the mixture of cake and bread flours that contributed to these cookies’ wonderful, chewy consistency. I am not a fan of cakey cookies, and these weren’t cakey in the slightest. And fresh out of the oven, they were ooey gooey heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...