Saturday, 22 October 2011

Her Results - Green Apple Cake

I really need to resume halving my recipes whenever possible. The last thing I need is 9" x 13" of cake. I'm going to make an effort to keep that in mind.

Aside from having way too much cake, I was really satisfied with this recipe for Green Apple Cake. I hadn't noticed when I chose it, but it's healthier than a lot of recipes. The apples replace quite a bit of the fat that would typically be found in a cake and the lack of frosting keeps the cake closer to the healthy-zone, without any loss of deliciousness.


We don't usually make really decadent desserts, but I just spent an hour browsing our old blog entries and dang - that's a lot of calories!

I personally love desserts the incorporate fruit and spices. If you feel the same way, you should try out this recipe. Watch the baking time - I cooked mine for at least 10 minutes less than prescribed and it was already a little overdone.



Otherwise, great recipe! I suggest serving it on the day you bake it because it got more moist and sticky as each day passed, but not necessarily in a good way if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...