Thursday, 1 September 2011

Recipe 58 - Cherry Chocolate Brownies

I just got awful news. A man I loved, my dad's good friend Tommy, passed away unexpectedly this evening. He is going to be missed deeply. My baking blog is probably not the right place to mourn, but I was seconds away from posting this when I got the news. I wish I knew Tommy's favorite dessert, I'd choose it in honor of him. Instead I'll just roll with the recipe I'd picked and go back to thinking of the good times we shared.

Cherry Chocolate Brownies
Recipe found on Serious Eats, adapted from How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking by Nigella Lawson

Ingredients
1 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for buttering pan
1 1/3 cup dried cherries
1 quart boiling water
13 ounces good dark chocolate
6 large eggs
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt

Check out the full recipe at the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...