Saturday, 10 September 2011

Her results - Cherry Chocolate Brownies

These Cherry Chocolate Brownies are the way to go if you're in need a decadent dessert that only the richest of brownies can fulfill. I'm not big on chocolate so if I'm going to eat it, it's got to be the real deal. I think that this is the most chocolatey and overly-rich treat we've made, and I loved it. :)



I was at home in Kentucky when we made these, and my mom and I went to the local Amish store to buy dried cherries. I picked up the chocolate bars and the rest of the supplies from Walmart. I used Ghirardelli's Evening Dream 60% Cacao chocolate bars. These were cheap in comparison to most chocolate bars suggested for baking, but still cost me about $10. These are not cheap brownies to make, but one batch made quite a few.

The recipe began with of melting tons of chocolate and butter over direct heat...



And then setting it aside to cool while combining lots of sugar and eggs and vanilla...



Then mixing all that together and adding the dry ingredients...



And then folding in the moistened cherries and pouring the mixture into a prepared pan for baking...


They took a full 30 minutes to bake, and turned out beautiful and moist and fudgy.



I had one by itself, and another with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The ice cream took these to a whole new level and I really suggest it. The whole family enjoyed them. If you are looking for a delicious brownie recipe, try this one out!

Special thanks to my Mom for sharing her kitchen and equipment and iPhone photography skills with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...