Friday, 5 August 2011

Her results - Lemon Ginger Bars

It's been quite a while since I baked these yummy lemon ginger bars. Sorry for my absence. It's been a long couple of weeks! I work for a top MBA program and we've been fortunate enough to have a really large, strong incoming class enter our lives over the past couple of weeks. It's been great meeting them but I can't remember the last time I worked so hard and so long. I'm definitely ready for a lil break. TGIF

Coincidentally, like Him, I didn't have access to candied ginger on the morning we baked these bars, so I used candied citron and fresh ginger as substitutes. I put in 2t fresh ginger, which gave the bars a nice zing. I also added a little cube of candied ginger atop each slice. I like it the way it looks as a garnish! I made the candied citron from David Lebovitz' recipe back in the winter, so it's time to finish using it up. Candied citron is so delicious. It's like homemade gummies for adults.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...