Monday, 8 August 2011

Her results - Coconut Cookies

Normally it takes me a few days (to a few weeks) to report on how the recipe turned out. This week I'm on top of it for two reasons: (1) I'm crazy busy and if I don't do it now I don't know when I will, and (2) I've eaten A LOT of these cookies today ( :( ) so there's no better time for me to tell you all about them.



These little cookies are lovely if you're a coconut fan. They're nicely balanced; a little salty, sweet, buttery... Nice and chewy, too. I'm not sure what sets them apart from a coconut macaroon, but the recipe stated "Our coconut cookies are a cross between a coconut macaroon and a chewy butter cookie." Mmm, okay. These cookies aren't really anything like a butter cookie; take of that what you will. There's just too much coconut for you to begin to imagine them as being anything other than a chewy coconut cookie.


I'm not sure who would want to bake these at 350 for 25 minutes. As I've mentioned before, my oven bakes hot, but I dialed it back to "325" and it still took less than 20 minutes for them to be ready. The bottoms of my cookies were golden well before the tops, so be aware of that factor as you're baking these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...