Saturday, 12 February 2011

Recipe 43 - Heritage Red Velvet Cake

I found a cool blog, Sprinkle Bakes, where I saw a striking sprinkle encrusted cake. It is one of the most fabulous cakes I have ever seen, so I don't want to bake it until the two of us have sprinkles worthy of the cause. Thankfully, I also found a recipe on the same blog for Heritage Red Velvet Cake, which is another stunner. I have never made red velvet cake, and I'm very excited to try it. Please visit the recipe link above for the method and photo, but below I have posted the list of ingredients. Looks like this one is going to be particularly fattening!

Cake:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups of sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp liquid red food coloring
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cider vinegar

Cream cheese frosting:
2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...