Friday, 14 January 2011

Her results - Adult Brownies

I could eat good brownies all day long. Slowly, perhaps, because they're so decadent, but all day long none the less! If I were going to do that, this would probably be the recipe I'd choose. I like my brownies chewy, hearty and bursting with flavor. This recipe hit the trifecta. Despite the hand mixing and counter-banging, mine still came out of the oven much fluffier than the authentic Andronico's treats, which I remember as uniquely compact. Nonetheless, the flavor of my brownies was reminiscent of the real deal.

I wish I had another full tray of these guys.

My demon-oven did not overbake these. In fact, I gave them an extra seven minutes, and they were still a bit underdone. It wasn't really a problem, but I'd suggest using one of the brownie pans that is all edges for this recipe. I'm not surprised that's what was shown on Serious Eats. BTW, I don't think I'll ever make brownies again without taking the time to line the pan. It was a lot easier than trying to pry out squares with a spatula.




































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...